Information we collect and how we use them
3. When you use our Services you provide us with and consent to our collection and use of two types of personal information: (i) information you submit via the Services and (ii) information regarding your use of the Services collected by us as you interact with the Services.
5. Through the sign-up process or while using our Services, you may provide us with your name, phone number, delivery address, email address, and other information that may be requested during the sign-up process in order for us to deliver our service or product to you. We collect parent’s email addresses in order to provide our service, send necessary messages and/or newsletter you subscribed to and to show you targeted adverts in your browser.
6. We do not ask for or collect any child-specific data like concrete name and surname, exact date of birth (day, month and year), identification number etc., anywhere on the Platform. We may ask for your child’s age range, nickname and interests to customize your profile and provide educational materials/content relevant to a specific age and nickname.
7. When you use our Services, you may enable microphone and voice features that collect voice data when your child is using voice interactive stories. We gather your explicit consent from you as the Parent to collect voice data for the processing of voice interactive stories, and scoring voice recordings to show your child their pronunciation level and customize the learning experience over time. All other identifiers are removed from such data before processing through third parties.
8. Our apps include innovative features which allow you or your child to take photographs of your surroundings, of which we will process and recommend relevant voice-interactive content. In order to provide you with these experiences, we need to collect images. We gather your explicit content as a User/Parent to collect these images, and strongly encourage that you supervise your child at all times.
10. We store personal data as long as we need it and the retention practice depends on the type of data we collect, regulatory burden, and how we use the personal data. The retention period is directly mentioned or based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, tax and accounting laws, intellectual property or ownership rights, contract requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Do contact us at email@example.com if you require further information on retention policy.
Sharing your personally-identifiable information with third parties
11. We will not sell, or, subject to the following paragraphs, disclose to any third party, your personal information to any third parties unless in specific use cases stated below.
12. We will share your personal information with third parties to provide services to us or you in connection with the Services, but subject to confidentiality obligations, which limit their use and disclosure of such information. For example, we may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, sending our emails, processing payments, or offering customer service.
13. We do not pass any identifiable child data to any third parties. Voice recordings that are passed to third parties have all identifiers removed.
14. We may reasonably determine that we are required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share account or other personal information when we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable law, to enforce our Service Terms & Conditions, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other harmful, unethical, or illegal activity perpetrated through the Services or using the our company name. This may include sharing personal information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies. Such sharing may happen without your consent and without notice to you.
Updating or deleting your Personally-identifiable information
16. You may request removal of your personal information collected by us through your use of our site. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, although we cannot guarantee that the information can be successfully removed in all cases. We may retain aggregate and/or anonymous data collected through the Services, including Activity Data, which may be used by our company for training, improvement, promotion, research and other lawful purposes. We reserve the right to terminate your account should we evaluate that we are unable to reasonably accommodate your request.
18. Our company has implemented administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information, access credentials and results. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event that the Company becomes aware of a data breach impacting your personal information, we will provide notification in compliance with all applicable laws. For example, we may post a notice on our Website or elsewhere on the Services and may email you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
21. Users under the age of 21 should not use our Services except with the prior consent of a parent or guardian. If we learn that Personal Information of a child has been collected on our Services without prior parental consent, then we will take appropriate steps to delete this information as we discover it and will not use it or share it with third parties. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 21 has a registered account with our Services without your consent, please contact us to request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Last revised on 26th October 2022